Trainer Donnie K. Von Hemel won the 2,000th race of his career on the evening of Aug. 9 with favored Storm Rush in the fifth race at Indiana Grand Race Course.
The last foal of the 2014 breeding season at Coolmore Ireland was foaled June 1 when 23-year-old Mariah's Storm produced her 13th live foal--a filly by perennial European champion sire Galileo.
Bill Peters, who raced multiple grade II winner Mariah's Storm, died Feb. 17.
Walter New's homebred Flying Circle launched a furious rally in the stretch to finish a half-length in front, and then survived an inquiry by stewards to win the $111,100 Mariah's Storm Stakes, a five-furlong event for fillies and mares, 3-years-old and up, on the turf Nov. 18 at Churchill Downs.
Danehill will not shuttle to Australia for the 2002 breeding season. He has been shuttling to Australia since 1990, and Coolmore has decided to rest him for the 2002 southern hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic