There is life after Farda Amiga for Paulo Lobo. The Brazilian-born trainer and his wife, Maria Carolina, remained jubilant in Barn 53 at Hollywood Park Friday after Brazilian import Viernes posted a four-length victory and a $51.60 win mutuel in the $72,900 Waya Handicap for fillies and mares on turf Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California