Noosa Beach, who earned a spot in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs when he won the Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III) at Emerald Downs last month, has instead been turned out for the winter.
Howard Belvoir's 2008 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III) winner Wasserman took home honors as Washington horse of the year, champion handicap male, and sprinter at the Washington Thoroughbred Champions Breeders and Owners Annual Awards Banquet held at Emerald Downs Feb. 14.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has named Ron Crockett's The Great Face 2007 horse of the year, handicap male, and sprinter.
Margo's Gift shipped to New Jersey from Washington State and got the money at 26-1 in the $250,000 Favorite Trick Breeders' Cup Stakes Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
Vinery Stables' Lantana Mob looks for his fourth victory as a juvenile when a field of 10 line up for the $250,000 Favorite Trick Breeders' Cup Stakes at Monmouth Park Oct. 26.
There was elation in the Washington-based Smarty Deb camp Oct. 17 after the unbeaten 2-year-old filly earned a spot in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Undefeated Smarty Deb could be headed to the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) after she defeated her male rivals in the $90,000 Gottstein Futurity at Emerald Downs Sept. 29 for her fourth consecutive victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- S'Maverlous is Cornhusker Highweight