A problem with the Florida racetrack getting its broadcast signal to simulcast outlets forced the cancellation.
Calder Race Course announced the postponement of its two graded stakes scheduled for Dec. 5--the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) and $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIT)--due to a current quarantine of the stable area. There is no word on when the races will be rescheduled.
Tampa Bay Downs is requiring veterinarians to pay their first-ever licensing fees for its meet that begins Dec. 13. A licensing fee for blacksmiths was planned but has been put off until the 2009-10 racing season.
Barring an always-possible turn of events, the recent outbreak of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) in Florida might have a minimal impact on the state's racetracks.
Tampa Bay Downs announced Monday that Margo Flynn has been promoted to vice president of marketing and publicity and Greg Gelyon has been named vice president of finance.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce