A problem with the Florida racetrack getting its broadcast signal to simulcast outlets forced the cancellation.
Calder Race Course announced the postponement of its two graded stakes scheduled for Dec. 5--the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) and $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIT)--due to a current quarantine of the stable area. There is no word on when the races will be rescheduled.
Tampa Bay Downs is requiring veterinarians to pay their first-ever licensing fees for its meet that begins Dec. 13. A licensing fee for blacksmiths was planned but has been put off until the 2009-10 racing season.
Barring an always-possible turn of events, the recent outbreak of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) in Florida might have a minimal impact on the state's racetracks.
Tampa Bay Downs announced Monday that Margo Flynn has been promoted to vice president of marketing and publicity and Greg Gelyon has been named vice president of finance.
Most Popular Stories
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity