A problem with the Florida racetrack getting its broadcast signal to simulcast outlets forced the cancellation.
Calder Race Course announced the postponement of its two graded stakes scheduled for Dec. 5--the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) and $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIT)--due to a current quarantine of the stable area. There is no word on when the races will be rescheduled.
Tampa Bay Downs is requiring veterinarians to pay their first-ever licensing fees for its meet that begins Dec. 13. A licensing fee for blacksmiths was planned but has been put off until the 2009-10 racing season.
Barring an always-possible turn of events, the recent outbreak of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) in Florida might have a minimal impact on the state's racetracks.
Tampa Bay Downs announced Monday that Margo Flynn has been promoted to vice president of marketing and publicity and Greg Gelyon has been named vice president of finance.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- TOBA January Member of the Month
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround