Haynesfield, winner of the 2010 Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes (gr. I), will stand at Brereton and Elizabeth Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Harvey Weinstein's Turtle Bird Stable announced Dec. 2 that grade I winner Haynesfield has been retired. A stakes winner each year he raced, Haynesfield won 10 of his 19 lifetime starts for earnings of $1,319,481.
Bigger things await Haynesfield after the 3-year-old colt outclassed five rivals in the $107,600 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 7 for his third consecutive win on Aqueduct's inner track.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23