Gunning from the rail for Rafael Bejarano, Seduire put away pace rival Xoxo leaving the turn and kicked away in the drive to win the $200,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr.II) in a powerful performance Jan. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
Led by a $410,000 Tapit half sister to graded winner and sire Desert Party, the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale set records for gross, average, and median as pinhookers and end-users battled for choice prospects.
Jockey Gary Boulanger, away from the races for nearly nine years, rides John Oxley's Conquestor to victory in the OBS Sprint Stakes during the OBS Day of Champions. Spring Venture returns a winner in the filly division.
Dr. Zic pulled a 15-1 shocker in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 8 at Keeneland, going wire-to-wire while upsetting defending champion Informed Decision, who finished third at odds of 1-2.
Participants in Keeneland's April juvenile auction talk about the horses and the new format.
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score