Hanky Panky, a group III-placed half sister to Central Kentucky sire Giant's Causeway, sold for 2.7 million guineas (US$4,268,376) Dec. 1 the top price on the second day of Tattersalls December breeding stock sale.
Marette Farrell of Exhale Enterprises talks about the market for NY-bred yearlings at Saratoga. Watch Video
Marette Farrell of Exhale Enterprises talks about the market for NY-bred yearlings at Saratoga.
Gunning from the rail for Rafael Bejarano, Seduire put away pace rival Xoxo leaving the turn and kicked away in the drive to win the $200,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr.II) in a powerful performance Jan. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
Led by a $410,000 Tapit half sister to graded winner and sire Desert Party, the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale set records for gross, average, and median as pinhookers and end-users battled for choice prospects.
Jockey Gary Boulanger, away from the races for nearly nine years, rides John Oxley's Conquestor to victory in the OBS Sprint Stakes during the OBS Day of Champions. Spring Venture returns a winner in the filly division.
Dr. Zic pulled a 15-1 shocker in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 8 at Keeneland, going wire-to-wire while upsetting defending champion Informed Decision, who finished third at odds of 1-2.
Participants in Keeneland's April juvenile auction talk about the horses and the new format.
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC