This year's Keeneland November sale realized significant gains in all categories, following the trend of growth seen in almost every major North American auction in 2013. read blog
The 2013 Report of Thoroughbred Mares Bred from The Blood-Horse is based on the Report of Mares Bred from The Jockey Club. The chart lists alphabetically all the stallions that bred at least one mare. Download Now
The Jockey Club found both an increase in breeding activity in Kentucky and a slight decline in the number of North American stallions covering at least 100 mares.
The Jockey Club reported on Oct. 17 that 3,364 stallions covered 59,090 mares in North America during 2002, according to Reports of Mares Bred (RMB's) received by The Jockey Club as of Oct. 10.
The trend of larger books for stallions was validated statistically in a release by The Jockey Club on Oct. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24