In breaking his maiden July 13 in the second race at Monmouth Park, 2-year-old Conspiracy Again became the first reported winner for Massachusetts stallion Dr. Rockett.
Grade I winner Lochte seeks a return to winning ways July 6 in the $500,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, one of 10 entered for the 1 3/8-mile turf contest at the New Jersey track.
Cross Sabres Farm's son of Medaglia d'Oro has not been out of the money so far this year in five starts.
Charlie LoPresti reported Morton Fink's homebred son of Wiseman's Ferry was "doing fine this morning and ate up everything last night," after coming off the bench to defend his title in the April 11 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT).
Reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan will get his 2014 campaign started April 11, when he takes on six foes in the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland in his first start of the year.
Lochte, impressive 39-1 winner of the Feb. 9 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT), will attempt to repeat his success in his first trip to California when he faces nine others in the March 8 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr.IT).
Crossed Sabres Farm's Lochte charged up the rail and pulled off a huge shock in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 9, scoring a 2 3/4-length win at 39-1 odds as the longest shot in the field.
Sassy City, New England's champion older mare in 2011, was named the 2011 James B. Moseley Horse of the Year by the New England Turf Writers Association at its 70th annual awards dinner held July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys