Charlie LoPresti reported Morton Fink's homebred son of Wiseman's Ferry was "doing fine this morning and ate up everything last night," after coming off the bench to defend his title in the April 11 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT).
Reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan will get his 2014 campaign started April 11, when he takes on six foes in the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland in his first start of the year.
Lochte, impressive 39-1 winner of the Feb. 9 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT), will attempt to repeat his success in his first trip to California when he faces nine others in the March 8 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr.IT).
Crossed Sabres Farm's Lochte charged up the rail and pulled off a huge shock in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 9, scoring a 2 3/4-length win at 39-1 odds as the longest shot in the field.
Sassy City, New England's champion older mare in 2011, was named the 2011 James B. Moseley Horse of the Year by the New England Turf Writers Association at its 70th annual awards dinner held July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady