Kentucky-based turf writer Marty McGee is the winner of the 2013 Media Eclipse Award in the feature/commentary writing division, and Chicago-based Marcus Hersh landed the Eclipse in the news/enterprise category.
The message given at the Mark Kaufman Workshop presented by the Turf Publicists of America Dec. 10 in Tucson, Ariz., was simple: Tell the truth or spin out of control.
Steve Haskin received an award for outstanding magazine writing from Breeders' Cup Ltd. for his account of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three