Kentucky-based turf writer Marty McGee is the winner of the 2013 Media Eclipse Award in the feature/commentary writing division, and Chicago-based Marcus Hersh landed the Eclipse in the news/enterprise category.
The message given at the Mark Kaufman Workshop presented by the Turf Publicists of America Dec. 10 in Tucson, Ariz., was simple: Tell the truth or spin out of control.
Steve Haskin received an award for outstanding magazine writing from Breeders' Cup Ltd. for his account of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA