A 72,000-guinea Kheleyf colt was the top lot during the opening session of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 16. Susan Hearn's Mascalls Stud had bought the colt for 10,500 guineas at Tattersalls in February, and he was resold to Italian agent Marco Bozzi.
The Keeneland Express picked up steam Tuesday in Lexington, with the gross revenue for the January mixed sale surpassing last year's total for the entire auction after only two days.
Beckys Shirt brought $850,000 Tuesday to get the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale off to a fast start.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks