A 72,000-guinea Kheleyf colt was the top lot during the opening session of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 16. Susan Hearn's Mascalls Stud had bought the colt for 10,500 guineas at Tattersalls in February, and he was resold to Italian agent Marco Bozzi.
The Keeneland Express picked up steam Tuesday in Lexington, with the gross revenue for the January mixed sale surpassing last year's total for the entire auction after only two days.
Beckys Shirt brought $850,000 Tuesday to get the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale off to a fast start.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides