A 72,000-guinea Kheleyf colt was the top lot during the opening session of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 16. Susan Hearn's Mascalls Stud had bought the colt for 10,500 guineas at Tattersalls in February, and he was resold to Italian agent Marco Bozzi.
The Keeneland Express picked up steam Tuesday in Lexington, with the gross revenue for the January mixed sale surpassing last year's total for the entire auction after only two days.
Beckys Shirt brought $850,000 Tuesday to get the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale off to a fast start.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat