A 72,000-guinea Kheleyf colt was the top lot during the opening session of Book 3 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England Oct. 16. Susan Hearn's Mascalls Stud had bought the colt for 10,500 guineas at Tattersalls in February, and he was resold to Italian agent Marco Bozzi.
The Keeneland Express picked up steam Tuesday in Lexington, with the gross revenue for the January mixed sale surpassing last year's total for the entire auction after only two days.
Beckys Shirt brought $850,000 Tuesday to get the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale off to a fast start.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes