Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Ready's Gal, trained by Todd Pletcher, scored her second graded stakes victory with a 1 1/4-length win over favored Amorama in the $137,500 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf for older fillies and mares at Tampa Bay Downs.
Eyes On Eddy and Taittinger Rose, the only horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap for the Gulfstream Park main track only, ran first and second in the sloppy going when the race was taken off the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31