Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Ready's Gal, trained by Todd Pletcher, scored her second graded stakes victory with a 1 1/4-length win over favored Amorama in the $137,500 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf for older fillies and mares at Tampa Bay Downs.
Eyes On Eddy and Taittinger Rose, the only horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap for the Gulfstream Park main track only, ran first and second in the sloppy going when the race was taken off the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016