Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Ready's Gal, trained by Todd Pletcher, scored her second graded stakes victory with a 1 1/4-length win over favored Amorama in the $137,500 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf for older fillies and mares at Tampa Bay Downs.
Eyes On Eddy and Taittinger Rose, the only horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap for the Gulfstream Park main track only, ran first and second in the sloppy going when the race was taken off the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner