Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Ready's Gal, trained by Todd Pletcher, scored her second graded stakes victory with a 1 1/4-length win over favored Amorama in the $137,500 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf for older fillies and mares at Tampa Bay Downs.
Eyes On Eddy and Taittinger Rose, the only horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap for the Gulfstream Park main track only, ran first and second in the sloppy going when the race was taken off the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet