A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette