A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection