A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes