A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn