A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park