A revamped racing program and enhancements to the customer experience were among the successes trumpeted by the NYRA board of directors Aug. 6, and in return president Christopher Kay received a bonus and a raise.
Trainer Dale Romans is to begin serving a seven-day suspension Feb. 13 stemming from a positive test on one of his horses for phenylbutazone after a race last November at Aqueduct, Daily Racing Form reports.
Six bidding groups vying to run a lucrative casino at Aqueduct racetrack have wrapped up their face-to-face presentations with senior aides to New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers