Members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission staff outlined changes that have been put in place to prevent future mistakes in the administration of race-day Salix at the state's tracks.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's license review committee has suspended the lead outrider at Keeneland Racecourse for 16 months for his role in training a horse that raced in the name of a licensed trainer.
Lisa Underwood said Oct. 24 she will step down as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to take a job with Wyatt, Tarrant, and Combs, a law firm for which she had worked previously.
Citing a lack of horses, The Red Mile harness track in Lexington received approval July 14 to cancel the two-day Quarter Horse racing scheduled for July 22-23.
Officials with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and New York State Racing and Wagering Board said March 2 they are looking into loans made by Ahmed Zayat to two brothers convicted in connection with illegal bookmaking.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Barretts Sets 2015 Auction Schedule
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored