A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
A More Than Ready colt brought 58,000 euros ($77,319 in U.S. funds) to top Arqana's December yearling sale, which suffered a downturn of 19.6% in gross revenue from a year ago.
A pair of weanlings--a filly and a colt--stole the show Nov. 7 during the second session of the 14-day Keeneland November breeding stock sale, with both establishing record-price marks.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer