A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
A More Than Ready colt brought 58,000 euros ($77,319 in U.S. funds) to top Arqana's December yearling sale, which suffered a downturn of 19.6% in gross revenue from a year ago.
A pair of weanlings--a filly and a colt--stole the show Nov. 7 during the second session of the 14-day Keeneland November breeding stock sale, with both establishing record-price marks.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Moshaagib to Enter Stud at Nicks Farm
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- That Handicapping Show: Clark Handicap
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager