A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
A More Than Ready colt brought 58,000 euros ($77,319 in U.S. funds) to top Arqana's December yearling sale, which suffered a downturn of 19.6% in gross revenue from a year ago.
A pair of weanlings--a filly and a colt--stole the show Nov. 7 during the second session of the 14-day Keeneland November breeding stock sale, with both establishing record-price marks.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia
- Miss Mischief Seeking to Make the Grade