A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
A More Than Ready colt brought 58,000 euros ($77,319 in U.S. funds) to top Arqana's December yearling sale, which suffered a downturn of 19.6% in gross revenue from a year ago.
A pair of weanlings--a filly and a colt--stole the show Nov. 7 during the second session of the 14-day Keeneland November breeding stock sale, with both establishing record-price marks.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet