Many Routes became the first winner for his sire Many Rivers when he came from off the pace to win the first race Dec. 14 at Golden Gate Fields.
With heavy rain in the forecast this weekend, a dozen 3-year-old prospects were entered for the $150,000 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 27.
West Point Thoroughbreds appears to have a good one in the 2-year-old El Gato Malo, who stormed to victory over his Golden Gate Fields' rivals in the $75,000 Gold Rush in just his second start Dec. 15.
WinStar Farm's homebred Colonel John, a 4 1/2-length maiden winner in his last start for trainer Eoin Harty, is the likely favorite in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Real Quiet Stakes for 2-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles over the Cushion Track Nov. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field