Wildcat Lily stalked her way to a victory in the 39th running of the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course July 6.
Nightmare Affair swung wide into the stretch from well out of it for jockey Jeffrey Sanchez and ran down the leaders for an impressive two-length victory in the $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) on Summit Speed day at Calder Race Course Saturday. Champion sprinter Lost in the Fog struggled home ninth as the 11-10 favorite.
Surprising Weigelia seized the lead at the top of the stretch and refused to give in to a resolute Classy Migration to win the $300,000 Carry Back (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Calder Race Course.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Trainer Manuel Azpurua sent out his fifth Criterium Stakes winner in Oscar Novo's homebred colt Sir Oscar Saturday at Calder. The 2-year-old colt now sports a perfect two-for-two record, following his smashing 8 ¾ lengths maiden debut here on May 26.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension