Wildcat Lily stalked her way to a victory in the 39th running of the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course July 6.
Nightmare Affair swung wide into the stretch from well out of it for jockey Jeffrey Sanchez and ran down the leaders for an impressive two-length victory in the $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) on Summit Speed day at Calder Race Course Saturday. Champion sprinter Lost in the Fog struggled home ninth as the 11-10 favorite.
Surprising Weigelia seized the lead at the top of the stretch and refused to give in to a resolute Classy Migration to win the $300,000 Carry Back (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Calder Race Course.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Trainer Manuel Azpurua sent out his fifth Criterium Stakes winner in Oscar Novo's homebred colt Sir Oscar Saturday at Calder. The 2-year-old colt now sports a perfect two-for-two record, following his smashing 8 ¾ lengths maiden debut here on May 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple