Manlove, who was standing at Beverly Least's Foggy Bottom Farm near Geneseo, N.Y., was euthanized July 11 because of neurological problems.
Proud Man stormed to the lead in the stretch and then held off a later charge to post a narrow victory in the $500,000 Franks Farms Turf that was part of Saturday's Sunshine Millions day card at Gulfstream Park.
Gal O Gal and jockey Christopher DeCarlo found room in a crowded stretch drive at the hedge and got through to score a half-length victory over Formal Miss in the $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream park Saturday.
Stakes winner Manlove has been relocated to Jim and Michaelyn Scott's Liberty Stud near Ghent, N.Y.
Stakes winner Manlove will be relocated to James and Lorna Mack's Silvernails Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y., from Michael Sherman's Farnsworth Farms near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack