West Point Thoroughbreds' Twilight Eclipse will look to make it a double June 6 in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, coming off his first grade I win in the May 9 Man o' War Handicap (gr. IT).
Real Solution, kept to the outside for a clear path, overpowered his rivals in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) to post his second grade I victory June 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
A list of likely starters for the five grade I events on the Belmont Stakes day undercard June 7 has been released by the track's racing office, headed by the $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap.
Four-time grade I winner Little Mike will return to the scene of his very first stakes victory when he starts in the $75,000 Flying Pidgeon Stakes at Gulfstream Park May 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee