After finishing one-two last year, the Chad Brown-trained duo of Slumber and Big Blue Kitten will aim for more success in those familiar conditions June 11 in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) on the inner turf at Belmont.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Twilight Eclipse will look to make it a double June 6 in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, coming off his first grade I win in the May 9 Man o' War Handicap (gr. IT).
Real Solution, kept to the outside for a clear path, overpowered his rivals in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) to post his second grade I victory June 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
A list of likely starters for the five grade I events on the Belmont Stakes day undercard June 7 has been released by the track's racing office, headed by the $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap.
Four-time grade I winner Little Mike will return to the scene of his very first stakes victory when he starts in the $75,000 Flying Pidgeon Stakes at Gulfstream Park May 17.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Churchill Downs Readies for 21-Day Fall Meet
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory