After finishing one-two last year, the Chad Brown-trained duo of Slumber and Big Blue Kitten will aim for more success in those familiar conditions June 11 in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) on the inner turf at Belmont.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Twilight Eclipse will look to make it a double June 6 in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, coming off his first grade I win in the May 9 Man o' War Handicap (gr. IT).
Real Solution, kept to the outside for a clear path, overpowered his rivals in the $1 million Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) to post his second grade I victory June 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
A list of likely starters for the five grade I events on the Belmont Stakes day undercard June 7 has been released by the track's racing office, headed by the $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap.
Four-time grade I winner Little Mike will return to the scene of his very first stakes victory when he starts in the $75,000 Flying Pidgeon Stakes at Gulfstream Park May 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win