The Breeders' Cup announced March 20 that the distance of the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon has been lengthened from 1 1/2 miles to 1 3/4 miles for this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships, Nov. 6-7, during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park.
Plans have been finalized for Thoroughbred Charities of America to affiliate with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association. TCA will be considered a supporting organization of TOBA with executive offices located in Lexington, Ky., and Middletown, Del.
Sheikh Mohammed's broodmare band has taken a powerful turn. Late last year in the name of Darley, Sheikh Mohammed privately purchased the dams of top Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) hopefuls Street Sense and Scat Daddy.
Jockey Calvin Borel, who pulled a major upset in a stakes earlier in the summer at Churchill Downs, pulled another one today -- this time at Saratoga.
Robert Manfuso's homebred grade II winner Belterra has been retired from racing
The $100,000-added Doubledogdare, named for the first winner of Keeneland's Spinster Stakes, drew a field of six stakes-winning fillies and mares. However, as post time approached, favorite Belterra and Ifyouprefersilver were scratched
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association NTRA announced March 29 the board members for the NTRA Political Action Committee (PAC).
Belterra is being taken out of training and will miss the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. Wagering on the Unbridled filly in the Breeders' Cup Future Wager has been suspended.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park