Rockingham Park is switching from Thoroughbred to harness racing in 2003 after the track and horsemen could not reach an agreement concerning purse structure. The Salem, N.H. track will conduct a summer harness meet from May 24 through Sept. 1, with racing four nights per week. Harness racing has not been conducted at Rockingham since June 1980 when a fire destroyed the clubhouse and grandstand and closed the track for four years.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries