Peace Burg, listed in the catalog as the only mare at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in foal to leading sire War Front, has been withdrawn after producing a filly from that mating.
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
For the second year in a row, owner Martin Schwartz returned to the Eclipse Awards podium to receive a trophy in the female grass horse category, thanks to Zagora.
The Arqana breeding stock sale concluded Dec. 11 in Deauville with a new benchmark in overall total receipts for the four-day auction that was bolstered by strong numbers at the top end of the market.
Wealthy buyers' enthusiasm for the young and the beautiful fueled the market again during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Royally bred Changing Skies, a graded stakes-winning daughter of Sadler's Wells, brought $4.2 million during the Nov. 7 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale from Mandore International Agency.
Demand was strong for quality young mares and broodmare prospects as the Keeneland November breeding stock sale opened its 11-day run in Lexington.
A Galileo filly, which is a full sister to 2012 Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Was, topped the second session of Book 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale. She commanded 1.5 million guineas.
A son of Sea The Stars topped Part 1 of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale in France by bringing 1.2 million euros ($1,479,740 in U.S. funds) during the second and final session.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Gulfstream Park Receives Safety Reaccreditation
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome