Manduro captured his fifth victory of the season when easily winning the Prix Foy Gray d'Albion Barriere (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 16.
Peeping Fawn scored her third straight group I victory when she rolled to an authoritative 1 1/2-length victory in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood Aug. 4.
Mountain High finally broke through the group I barrier when he powered away from Mandesha to capture the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) on Sunday.
A sale record was set at Arqana's December sale at Deauville during the opening session Dec. 2, when the mare Mandalara (Lahib - Madiriya by Diesis) was sold for 1.7 million euros (about $2,255,169) to Japanese agent Nobutaka Tada.
For the second time, Ouija Board was named Europe's Horse Of The Year at the 2006 Cartier Racing Awards, presented at the Four Seasons Hotel in London's West End Wednesday, Nov. 15.
Mandesha was a convincing winner of the Prix Vermeille Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) on Sunday at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified