The British Horseracing Authority has charged a jockey and eight others, including three soccer players, with race fixing.
The protracted dispute over the ownership of stallion Rock Of Gibraltar between John Magnier, who heads one of the world's most powerful bloodstock empires in Coolmore, and Manchester United soccer manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been settled.
Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United soccer club, Friday asked supporters to call off their planned protest at the United Kingdom's Cheltenham Racecourse on March 18.
Rock of Gibraltar made up for the disappointment his owner, Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, felt earlier this week when his soccer team was defeated in the Champions League semifinals with a neck-length victory in Saturday's Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago