The British Horseracing Authority has charged a jockey and eight others, including three soccer players, with race fixing.
The protracted dispute over the ownership of stallion Rock Of Gibraltar between John Magnier, who heads one of the world's most powerful bloodstock empires in Coolmore, and Manchester United soccer manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been settled.
Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United soccer club, Friday asked supporters to call off their planned protest at the United Kingdom's Cheltenham Racecourse on March 18.
Rock of Gibraltar made up for the disappointment his owner, Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, felt earlier this week when his soccer team was defeated in the Champions League semifinals with a neck-length victory in Saturday's Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win