Stakes-placed Alaazo and 5-year-old Malt Magic will enter stud in 2010 at Jerry and Peggy Woods' Woodstead Farm near Chehalis, Wash.
A full field of 10 juveniles was entered Tuesday for Friday's running of the $1-million Boyd Gaming Delta Jackpot Stakes at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in Vinton, La.
Everyone had been saying the field for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) was evenly matched. Obviously Mike Battaglia, who makes the morning line at Churchill Downs, agreed.
Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) contender Brother Derek was put through his final preparations for Saturday by logging five furlongs in :59 1/5 over a fast Santa Anita main track Sunday morning. Also working in Southern California were Quick Little Miss, Malt Magic and Aragorn.
Although Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) winner Point Ashley was not among them, Zayat Stables pre-entered three horses Monday for the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Wolrd Championships at Churchill Downs.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) winner Horse Greeley and unbeaten Principle Secret, the West Coast's leading contenders for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), face off Sunday in Oak Tree's $250,000 Norfolk Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II).
Several runners with their eyes on upcoming Breeders' Cup World Championship prep races around the country lit up the Southern California work tab Sept. 18, led by Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) winner Point Ashley, who logged six furlongs in 1:11 4/5, breezing, on the fast main track at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day