Falvelon, winner of the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) two years running, and the Japanese speedster Believe were drawn either side of the straight course with Australian champion Falvelon in post 1 while the Japanese hope was drawn wide in post 14.
Thurloe Thoroughbreds V and Cheveley Park Stud's Kyllachy, the 3-1 favorite in the field of 17, got the lead 100 yards from home in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) on Aug. 22 and went on to win by a half-length over Malhub.
Rock of Gibraltar's St. James's Palace score is the highlight of a memorable meeting.
Malhub, a homebred racing for Shiekh Hamdan al Maktoum, won Saturday's Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot by 1 1/2 lengths. Favored Johannesburg finished ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory