Falvelon, winner of the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) two years running, and the Japanese speedster Believe were drawn either side of the straight course with Australian champion Falvelon in post 1 while the Japanese hope was drawn wide in post 14.
Thurloe Thoroughbreds V and Cheveley Park Stud's Kyllachy, the 3-1 favorite in the field of 17, got the lead 100 yards from home in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) on Aug. 22 and went on to win by a half-length over Malhub.
Rock of Gibraltar's St. James's Palace score is the highlight of a memorable meeting.
Malhub, a homebred racing for Shiekh Hamdan al Maktoum, won Saturday's Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot by 1 1/2 lengths. Favored Johannesburg finished ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby