Falvelon, winner of the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) two years running, and the Japanese speedster Believe were drawn either side of the straight course with Australian champion Falvelon in post 1 while the Japanese hope was drawn wide in post 14.
Thurloe Thoroughbreds V and Cheveley Park Stud's Kyllachy, the 3-1 favorite in the field of 17, got the lead 100 yards from home in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) on Aug. 22 and went on to win by a half-length over Malhub.
Rock of Gibraltar's St. James's Palace score is the highlight of a memorable meeting.
Malhub, a homebred racing for Shiekh Hamdan al Maktoum, won Saturday's Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot by 1 1/2 lengths. Favored Johannesburg finished ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud