Falvelon, winner of the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) two years running, and the Japanese speedster Believe were drawn either side of the straight course with Australian champion Falvelon in post 1 while the Japanese hope was drawn wide in post 14.
Thurloe Thoroughbreds V and Cheveley Park Stud's Kyllachy, the 3-1 favorite in the field of 17, got the lead 100 yards from home in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) on Aug. 22 and went on to win by a half-length over Malhub.
Rock of Gibraltar's St. James's Palace score is the highlight of a memorable meeting.
Malhub, a homebred racing for Shiekh Hamdan al Maktoum, won Saturday's Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot by 1 1/2 lengths. Favored Johannesburg finished ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed