Falvelon, winner of the Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) two years running, and the Japanese speedster Believe were drawn either side of the straight course with Australian champion Falvelon in post 1 while the Japanese hope was drawn wide in post 14.
Thurloe Thoroughbreds V and Cheveley Park Stud's Kyllachy, the 3-1 favorite in the field of 17, got the lead 100 yards from home in the Victor Chandler Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) on Aug. 22 and went on to win by a half-length over Malhub.
Rock of Gibraltar's St. James's Palace score is the highlight of a memorable meeting.
Malhub, a homebred racing for Shiekh Hamdan al Maktoum, won Saturday's Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot by 1 1/2 lengths. Favored Johannesburg finished ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning