Indiana Grand Racing & Casino recently completed its 120-program meet, which included Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing, with final numbers showing an increase in daily simulcast handle as well as total on-track wagering.
Trainer Donnie K. Von Hemel won the 2,000th race of his career on the evening of Aug. 9 with favored Storm Rush in the fifth race at Indiana Grand Race Course.
Heavily favored To Honor and Serve cruised to a front-running four-length victory over Mucho Macho Man in the $150,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II), one of a trio of graded stakes Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Joe Judice, injured June 18 in a three-horse spill at Colonial Downs, has suffered a broken vertebra in his neck and will be sidelined for several months, according to a press release from the Virginia race track.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?