Jockey Malcolm Franklin rode his 1,000th winner Feb. 4, when he guided Belvin to a head victory in the fourth race at Turfway Park.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino recently completed its 120-program meet, which included Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing, with final numbers showing an increase in daily simulcast handle as well as total on-track wagering.
Trainer Donnie K. Von Hemel won the 2,000th race of his career on the evening of Aug. 9 with favored Storm Rush in the fifth race at Indiana Grand Race Course.
Heavily favored To Honor and Serve cruised to a front-running four-length victory over Mucho Macho Man in the $150,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II), one of a trio of graded stakes Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Joe Judice, injured June 18 in a three-horse spill at Colonial Downs, has suffered a broken vertebra in his neck and will be sidelined for several months, according to a press release from the Virginia race track.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop