Indiana Grand Racing & Casino recently completed its 120-program meet, which included Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing, with final numbers showing an increase in daily simulcast handle as well as total on-track wagering.
Trainer Donnie K. Von Hemel won the 2,000th race of his career on the evening of Aug. 9 with favored Storm Rush in the fifth race at Indiana Grand Race Course.
Heavily favored To Honor and Serve cruised to a front-running four-length victory over Mucho Macho Man in the $150,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II), one of a trio of graded stakes Nov. 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Joe Judice, injured June 18 in a three-horse spill at Colonial Downs, has suffered a broken vertebra in his neck and will be sidelined for several months, according to a press release from the Virginia race track.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint