Hallowed Dreams, who made a name for herself in 2000 when she won her first 16 races to equal a modern-day record for consecutive wins held at the time by Citation and Cigar, has produced a major Quarter Horse winner.
Louisiana's favorite daughter, Hallowed Dreams, faces a field of 10 boys and one other filly in the $100,000 Louisiana Champions Day Sprint Saturday. Winner of the A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap just one week ago, Hallowed Dreams will carry 120 pounds, including regular rider Sylvester Carmouche.
Hallowed Dreams' attempt to win a record 17 straight races came up short when the daughter of Malagra finished third in the $36,500 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs on Saturday.
Unbeaten Hallowed Dreams extended her win streak to 16--equaling the modern American record for consecutive wins by a Thoroughbred co-held by Citation and Cigar--when she beat three other 3-year-old fillies in the $38,800 Dixie Miss Stakes at Louisiana Downs.
Hallowed Dreams, undefeated in 15 career starts, will attempt to tie the modern day national record for consecutive wins--held by Citation and Cigar--when she is opposed by four other 3-year-old fillies in the $40,000 Dixie Miss Stakes Saturday at Louisiana Downs.
Unbeaten Hallowed Dreams extended her win streak to 15 races Sunday at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win