Three-year-old Kitten's Joy found older horses and the 1 1/2-mile distance to be non issues when registering an authoritative victory over favored Magistretti in the $750,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) on a yielding Belmont Park turf course Saturday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
International star jockey Frankie Dettori, who incurred a twisted ankle during the first leg of the International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley Racecourse Wednesday night, was on track at Sha Tin Racecourse Friday morning to put Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) favorite Falbrav through a leg-stretching gallop.
A majority of the horses for the four Hong Kong International Races stretched their legs over the dirt track at Sha Tin Racecourse Wednesday morning. The Hong Kong International Races take place Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014