Three-year-old Kitten's Joy found older horses and the 1 1/2-mile distance to be non issues when registering an authoritative victory over favored Magistretti in the $750,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) on a yielding Belmont Park turf course Saturday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
International star jockey Frankie Dettori, who incurred a twisted ankle during the first leg of the International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley Racecourse Wednesday night, was on track at Sha Tin Racecourse Friday morning to put Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) favorite Falbrav through a leg-stretching gallop.
A majority of the horses for the four Hong Kong International Races stretched their legs over the dirt track at Sha Tin Racecourse Wednesday morning. The Hong Kong International Races take place Sunday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another