A week after the death of Sheikh Maktoum al Maktoum, the late ruler of Dubai and his brothers were awarded the prestigious Duke Of Devonshire bronze at the British Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's annual awards dinner in recognition of their contributions to Britain's bloodstock industry.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
Team Valor has sold Crimson Palace, the highly impressive winner of a conditions race on the opening night of the Dubai International Racing Carnival, to the Maktoums, and the South African filly will join Godolphin trainer Saeed bin Suroor's string.
Most Popular Stories
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Indiana Grand to Host PDJF Event
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks