A week after the death of Sheikh Maktoum al Maktoum, the late ruler of Dubai and his brothers were awarded the prestigious Duke Of Devonshire bronze at the British Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's annual awards dinner in recognition of their contributions to Britain's bloodstock industry.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
Team Valor has sold Crimson Palace, the highly impressive winner of a conditions race on the opening night of the Dubai International Racing Carnival, to the Maktoums, and the South African filly will join Godolphin trainer Saeed bin Suroor's string.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses