A week after the death of Sheikh Maktoum al Maktoum, the late ruler of Dubai and his brothers were awarded the prestigious Duke Of Devonshire bronze at the British Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's annual awards dinner in recognition of their contributions to Britain's bloodstock industry.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
Team Valor has sold Crimson Palace, the highly impressive winner of a conditions race on the opening night of the Dubai International Racing Carnival, to the Maktoums, and the South African filly will join Godolphin trainer Saeed bin Suroor's string.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY