While the film Harry and Snowman is not about a Thoroughbred, it certainly is a good fit at the center of a fund-raising night for the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center, which trains retired racehorses for second careers.
The Makers Mark Secretariat Center is holding a "Sips 'n Saddles" cookout fundraiser June 19 at its location on the grounds of Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Maker's Mark Secretariat Center will hold its inaugural Horses Helping Horses event starting April 19. It includes halters from Serena's Song, Distorted Humor, and Ghostzapper, among others.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron has entered into an agreement with the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to supply horses for the North American Racing Academy, a riding school McCarron plans to open later this year.
- By Ray Paulick
The Thoroughbred industry has taken two giant steps toward matching a pledge of $500,000 from distiller Maker's Mark for the development at the Kentucky Horse Park of the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky