While the film Harry and Snowman is not about a Thoroughbred, it certainly is a good fit at the center of a fund-raising night for the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center, which trains retired racehorses for second careers.
The Makers Mark Secretariat Center is holding a "Sips 'n Saddles" cookout fundraiser June 19 at its location on the grounds of Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Maker's Mark Secretariat Center will hold its inaugural Horses Helping Horses event starting April 19. It includes halters from Serena's Song, Distorted Humor, and Ghostzapper, among others.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron has entered into an agreement with the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to supply horses for the North American Racing Academy, a riding school McCarron plans to open later this year.
- By Ray Paulick
The Thoroughbred industry has taken two giant steps toward matching a pledge of $500,000 from distiller Maker's Mark for the development at the Kentucky Horse Park of the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28