While the film Harry and Snowman is not about a Thoroughbred, it certainly is a good fit at the center of a fund-raising night for the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center, which trains retired racehorses for second careers.
The Makers Mark Secretariat Center is holding a "Sips 'n Saddles" cookout fundraiser June 19 at its location on the grounds of Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Maker's Mark Secretariat Center will hold its inaugural Horses Helping Horses event starting April 19. It includes halters from Serena's Song, Distorted Humor, and Ghostzapper, among others.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron has entered into an agreement with the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to supply horses for the North American Racing Academy, a riding school McCarron plans to open later this year.
- By Ray Paulick
The Thoroughbred industry has taken two giant steps toward matching a pledge of $500,000 from distiller Maker's Mark for the development at the Kentucky Horse Park of the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions