Zayat Stables' J Be K is no longer on the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trail, but the lightly-raced 3-year-old will try to score his first graded stakes victory April 5 when he takes on seven sprinters in the $150,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Cool Coal Man took over at the top of the stretch and then held off a stubborn Elysium Fields by a half-length to take the $350,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Kodiak Kowboy, unbeaten in his last three races, will attempt to add another black-type victory to his resume when he faces six other 2-year-olds in Aug. 16 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at 6 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus