Zayat Stables' J Be K is no longer on the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trail, but the lightly-raced 3-year-old will try to score his first graded stakes victory April 5 when he takes on seven sprinters in the $150,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Cool Coal Man took over at the top of the stretch and then held off a stubborn Elysium Fields by a half-length to take the $350,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Kodiak Kowboy, unbeaten in his last three races, will attempt to add another black-type victory to his resume when he faces six other 2-year-olds in Aug. 16 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at 6 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection