Zayat Stables' J Be K is no longer on the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trail, but the lightly-raced 3-year-old will try to score his first graded stakes victory April 5 when he takes on seven sprinters in the $150,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Cool Coal Man took over at the top of the stretch and then held off a stubborn Elysium Fields by a half-length to take the $350,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Kodiak Kowboy, unbeaten in his last three races, will attempt to add another black-type victory to his resume when he faces six other 2-year-olds in Aug. 16 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at 6 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Yearling Sale Season Ends With F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro