Main track stars Guided Tour and Keats have provided much of the firepower for Niall O'Callaghan in the finest season of his training career, but one of the early stars this year, Tijiyr, is set to make a comeback in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (grade III) at Churchill Downs.
Make No Mistake wins the Arlington Handicap, cornerstone of Million Preview Day.
The first two stakes races on Million Preview Day at Arlington Park ran true to form Saturday, with 17-10 favorites Make No Mistake and Discreet Hero winning their grade III preps. In the day's final stakes race, 7-1 Illinois-bred Ioya Two held off Megans Bluff and favorite Solvig to win the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a nose.
Despite a somewhat troubled trip, Moyglare Stud Farm's Make No Mistake rallied in the stretch to win Saturday's $100,000 Bougainvillea Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hialeah Park. Under jockey Jose Santos, Make No Mistake completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:50.10 on the turf course listed as "good."
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set