Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin enjoyed a highly successful weekend Sept. 15-16, winning the Gazelle (g. I) with Lear's Princess at Belmont Park Saturday and the $1-million Woodbine Mile (CAN-I) Sunday.
Rosinka overcame a scary sequence in the stretch run to win the Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) over the inner turf course on closing day of the 2007 meeting at Saratoga Sept. 3. It was the Irish-bred filly's fourth consecutive win.
Shadwell Stable's grade II winner Makderah looks to make amends from her third-place finish as the heavy favorite in the Diana Handicap (gr. IT) earlier in the Saratoga meet when she meets eight rivals in the $100,000 Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 11 furlongs Sept. 3.
Live Oak Plantation's My Typhoon reached the end of her long quest for a grade I victory when she captured the $520,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT) Saturday at Saratoga.
Five of the eight runners in Saturday's Diana Stakes (gr. IT) not only have names that start with the letter "M"; they all have a big chance in the first "Win and You're In" race from Saratoga.
Shadwell Stable's Makderah burst to the lead mid-stretch and left her five rivals behind en route to an easy four-length win in the $190,000 New York Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares battling at 10 furlongs on the inner turf course at Belmont Park Saturday.
Jon and Sarah Kelly's previously unbeaten Vacare, coming off a third-place finish in the May 28 Gamely Stakes (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park, will stretch out to 1-1/4 miles in her first start on Belmont Park turf when a field of eight fillies and mares goes postward in Saturday's running of the $250,000 New York Stakes (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September