Horse Racing Radio Network announced it will host an historic broadcast of the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup live from Garrison Savannah in Barbados on Saturday, March 5.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey enjoyed a win in the Caribbean March 8 when veteran Major Marvel cruised to a clear victory in the $214,000 Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup at Savannah Garrison Racecourse.
The Barbados Turf Club said Ken and Sarah Ramsey's multiple stakes winner Major Marvel has been added to the list of nominees for the 33rd renewal of the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup.
Nevada Kid went to the lead and was never headed in the $192,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Gulfstream Dec. 7, wrapping up a solid day of racing that featured eight events worth a total of $1 million at the South Florida oval.
Jockey Chris Landeros won his 1,000th race Sept. 7 when he guided Major Marvel to victory in the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes at Louisiana Downs.
Parent's Honor capped a big day for Ken and Sarah Ramsey at Gulfstream Park Dec. 1, taking the $200,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at odds of 16-1 to give the owners their fourth winner on the card.
Get Stormy, handy winner of Keeneland's Bryan Station Stakes (gr. III) over yielding ground last month, takes on fellow graded winners Florentino and Proceed Bee in the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 15.
Get Stormy disproved the notion that he was a "need the lead" type when he ran down pacesetter Major Marvel in the lane on his way to victory in the $125,000 Bryan Station Stakes (gr. IIIT) over a yielding Keeneland turf course Oct. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work