NBC's telecast of the May 20 Preakness Stakes from Pimlico Race Course near Baltimore, Md., drew a slightly higher audience than the 2005 running. The network reported a 5.4 national rating and a 14 share for the program, which ran from 5 to 6:50 p.m. EDT.
Leonard S. Coleman Jr. has been appointed to the Churchill Downs Incorporated board of directors. Coleman, who currently serves as president of the Newark Sports & Entertainment Inc., is best known as the former president of Major League Baseball's National League from 1994-1999.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day