Atlantic Ocean, The Thoroughbred Corporation's $1.9-million filly, returns to to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park.
Major Idea, whose three-race winning streak ended when favored in Santa Anita's Providencia Stakes last month, will be out to make amends Saturday in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Star Vega rallied through an opening on the rail to defeat Makeup Artist by a neck Sunday in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Major Idea, favored in five of her last six races, will likely be the public choice once again Sunday in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Major Idea rallied from fifth place to post a half-length victory over Star Vega in the $83,800 Some Sensation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Thursday at Santa Anita Park.
Major Idea swept to the lead at the top of the stretch and drew clear for a two-length victory Wednesday in the $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Atlantic Ocean, a $1.9-million sale purchase who's been mostly disappointing in her 2-year-old season, woke up with a switch to the turf on Friday in Hollywood Park's $200,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT), posting an impressive one-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet