New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Trainer Dominic Galluscio had a sense of deja vu as he stood in the winner's circle following the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park Oct. 20. Last year, Galluscio posted an upset with Organizer. This year, he pulled off another Classic surprise with Dr. V's Magic, who was 15-1.
Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux powered Majesty Stud's Dr. V's Magic to three-length victory in the $75,000 Spectacular Bid Division of the New York Stallion Stakes for 3-year-olds at a mile to complete a sweep of the Belmont Park stakes races Sunday.
Majesty Stud's Organizer ended a winless 2006 on Saturday, waking up at the right time to score a 22-1 victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic, the nine-furlong feature on Belmont Park's New York Showcase Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes