Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Grey Stakes (Can-III) winner Ami's Holiday will attempt to keep his record unblemished in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity Nov. 17 at Woodbine, a race likely to decide the division title for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win