Synthetic track standout We Miss Artie will break from post 6 as the 8-5 morning line choice in a field of 15 for the $1 million Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race, July 6 at Woodbine.
Back on Polytrack after a 10th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, We Miss Artie took charge in upper stretch and held off a tenacious Majestic Sunset to win the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Grey Stakes (Can-III) winner Ami's Holiday will attempt to keep his record unblemished in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity Nov. 17 at Woodbine, a race likely to decide the division title for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby