Synthetic track standout We Miss Artie will break from post 6 as the 8-5 morning line choice in a field of 15 for the $1 million Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race, July 6 at Woodbine.
Back on Polytrack after a 10th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, We Miss Artie took charge in upper stretch and held off a tenacious Majestic Sunset to win the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Grey Stakes (Can-III) winner Ami's Holiday will attempt to keep his record unblemished in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity Nov. 17 at Woodbine, a race likely to decide the division title for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Demand for Quality at F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Uncle Mo Yearlings in Demand at Inglis
- Team Valor Buys Half Sister to Songbird
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Fasig-Tipton February Sale Session 1 Wrap
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach
- Taking Shergar
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes