Super Saver represents the male line of 1969 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Majestic Prince, a branch of the Raise a Native sire line that has been overshadowed by the much more numerous Mr. Prospector tribe.
Hitting her stride at 5, Maria's Mon's Saratoga graded stakes winner Emerald Beech is a throwback to the stamina-oriented, late-developing runners of America's turf history.
War, who won the 1987 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) following the disqualification of Alysheba, was euthanized in August at Dr. Pamela Barlow's Wandering Farm near Bowie, Texas, because of complications from arthritis.
A son of 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Silver Charm brought a top price of $270,000 during Monday's session of Keeneland's September Yearling Sale.
Prominent Central Kentucky stallion Majestic Light died last Friday at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington, Ky. following colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday