Super Saver represents the male line of 1969 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Majestic Prince, a branch of the Raise a Native sire line that has been overshadowed by the much more numerous Mr. Prospector tribe.
Hitting her stride at 5, Maria's Mon's Saratoga graded stakes winner Emerald Beech is a throwback to the stamina-oriented, late-developing runners of America's turf history.
War, who won the 1987 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) following the disqualification of Alysheba, was euthanized in August at Dr. Pamela Barlow's Wandering Farm near Bowie, Texas, because of complications from arthritis.
A son of 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Silver Charm brought a top price of $270,000 during Monday's session of Keeneland's September Yearling Sale.
Prominent Central Kentucky stallion Majestic Light died last Friday at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington, Ky. following colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race