Super Saver represents the male line of 1969 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Majestic Prince, a branch of the Raise a Native sire line that has been overshadowed by the much more numerous Mr. Prospector tribe.
Hitting her stride at 5, Maria's Mon's Saratoga graded stakes winner Emerald Beech is a throwback to the stamina-oriented, late-developing runners of America's turf history.
War, who won the 1987 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) following the disqualification of Alysheba, was euthanized in August at Dr. Pamela Barlow's Wandering Farm near Bowie, Texas, because of complications from arthritis.
A son of 1997 Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Silver Charm brought a top price of $270,000 during Monday's session of Keeneland's September Yearling Sale.
Prominent Central Kentucky stallion Majestic Light died last Friday at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington, Ky. following colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'