Page McKenney, a 6-year-old route specialist, posted his first graded stakes victory and first in a sprint Feb. 15 when he wore down Majestic Affair to win the General George Stakes (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
There was a reason bettors made PJG Stable's Favorite Tale the 1-2 favorite for the $200,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap; he was the class of the field off a third in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
Forty Tales, winner of three straight graded stakes, will have his work cut out for him just trying to make his way through all the traffic in the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Undefeated Violence tops a Feb. 23 Fountain of Youth field that includes He's Had Enough, Cerro, Orb, and Falling Sky among 11 starters.
Undefeated Violence breezed five furlongs in 1:00.36 at Palm Meadows Training Center in his final preparation for a scheduled start in the $400,000 Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth (gr. II) Feb. 23 at Gulfstream Park
Majestic Hussar has run well in two allowance starts sprinting at Gulfstream Park this winter and will face his biggest challenge yet when he tries two turns for the first time in the Fountain of Youth Stakes Feb. 23.
Todd Pletcher will saddle one-third of the starters in this year's $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Sept. 3 at Saratoga Race Course, but Kelly Breen has the morning line favorite in Bern Identity.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner