Kentucky-bred filly Divine Proportions accelerated away from the field in the final stages to win the Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) for 2-year-olds at Maisons-Laffitte handily Sunday.
Lateen Sails gave Godolphin an impressive win in Sunday's Prix Daphnis (Fr-III) at Maisons-Laffitte, leading all the way and drawing away in the late stages for a five-length victory with Frankie Dettori in the saddle.
Martaline gave trainer Andre Fabre his seventh win in the Prix Maurice de Nieuil (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte on Saturday. Martaline took the lead with jockey Christophe Soumillion about two furlongs from home and finishing well to defeat Westerner by three-quarters of a length.
For the fourth consecutive year, a strike by parimutuel clerks has caused postponement of key races in France. The first meeting of the year at Longchamp was cancelled Thursday because of a job action, according to the Daily Racing Form.
Zipping zipped to a win in Sunday's Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte. Five 2-year-old colts and fillies contested the $82,930 race (FF620,000) after good to soft going prompted two entrants to scratch.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras