Kentucky-bred filly Divine Proportions accelerated away from the field in the final stages to win the Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) for 2-year-olds at Maisons-Laffitte handily Sunday.
Lateen Sails gave Godolphin an impressive win in Sunday's Prix Daphnis (Fr-III) at Maisons-Laffitte, leading all the way and drawing away in the late stages for a five-length victory with Frankie Dettori in the saddle.
Martaline gave trainer Andre Fabre his seventh win in the Prix Maurice de Nieuil (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte on Saturday. Martaline took the lead with jockey Christophe Soumillion about two furlongs from home and finishing well to defeat Westerner by three-quarters of a length.
For the fourth consecutive year, a strike by parimutuel clerks has caused postponement of key races in France. The first meeting of the year at Longchamp was cancelled Thursday because of a job action, according to the Daily Racing Form.
Zipping zipped to a win in Sunday's Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte. Five 2-year-old colts and fillies contested the $82,930 race (FF620,000) after good to soft going prompted two entrants to scratch.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite