A Giant's Causeway filly shared the top price paid during the first day of the 2014 Cape Premier yearling sale that ended with an aggregate of 45,975,000 rands (US$4,200,510).
Stall Hornoldendorf's Lucky Speed asserted himself nearing the finish line in the Sparda Deutsches Derby (Ger-I), or German Derby, and delivered trainer Peter Schiergen a fourth win in the classic July 7 at Hamburg.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
Local sprinter Ato, dismissed by the bettors at 20-1, came charging down the center of the course to win the $800,100 KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) by 1 1/2 lengths at Kranji Racecourse May 20.
Irish champion and classic winner Black Minnaloushe will stand at Andreas Jacobs' Maine Chance Farms in South Africa in 2007.
Grade I winner Chiselling, a half-brother to grade I winner Empire Maker, has been acquired by Andreas Jacobs and Scott Brothers in a partnership for stallion duty at Maine Chance Farms near Robertson in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill