Silvano colt sells for 6 million rand to Mayfair Speculators.
The progeny of 2001 Arlington Million (gr. I) winner Silvano dominated the finish of the 2015 Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I) July 4 at Greyville.
A son of leading South African sire Dynasty became the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction in South Africa when fetching 5.2 million rands at the Cape Premier Yearling Sale the evening of Jan. 22.
A Giant's Causeway filly shared the top price paid during the first day of the 2014 Cape Premier yearling sale that ended with an aggregate of 45,975,000 rands (US$4,200,510).
Stall Hornoldendorf's Lucky Speed asserted himself nearing the finish line in the Sparda Deutsches Derby (Ger-I), or German Derby, and delivered trainer Peter Schiergen a fourth win in the classic July 7 at Hamburg.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
Local sprinter Ato, dismissed by the bettors at 20-1, came charging down the center of the course to win the $800,100 KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) by 1 1/2 lengths at Kranji Racecourse May 20.
Irish champion and classic winner Black Minnaloushe will stand at Andreas Jacobs' Maine Chance Farms in South Africa in 2007.
Grade I winner Chiselling, a half-brother to grade I winner Empire Maker, has been acquired by Andreas Jacobs and Scott Brothers in a partnership for stallion duty at Maine Chance Farms near Robertson in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista