Kandaly, winner of the 1994 La. Derby (gr. III) who was scratched the day of the Kentucky Derby, died Sept. 12. The 23-year-old from the last crop of Alydar died of founder at Main Street Thoroughbreds near Lake Charles, La.
Sequoyah Wells became the first winner sired by Sequoyah when he won at 5 1/2 furlongs at Louisiana Downs July 7.
Maverick, a half brother to Eclipse Award winner Silver Charm, and Sequoyah, who is out of champion Chilukki, will stand in 2011 at Tim Keeley's Sugar Cane Stables near Lake Charles, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider