Kandaly, winner of the 1994 La. Derby (gr. III) who was scratched the day of the Kentucky Derby, died Sept. 12. The 23-year-old from the last crop of Alydar died of founder at Main Street Thoroughbreds near Lake Charles, La.
Sequoyah Wells became the first winner sired by Sequoyah when he won at 5 1/2 furlongs at Louisiana Downs July 7.
Maverick, a half brother to Eclipse Award winner Silver Charm, and Sequoyah, who is out of champion Chilukki, will stand in 2011 at Tim Keeley's Sugar Cane Stables near Lake Charles, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler