The group I-winning duo of Maids Causeway and Donna Blini are among the top horses scheduled to be offered during the Tattersalls December mixed sale Nov. 21- Dec. 1 in England. The catalogue is the auction's largest ever with 2,944 lots, including 1,281 weanlings and 1,383 broodmares and fillies in training.
Martin Schwartz' Maids Causeway earned a short head victory over Stonerside Stable's homebred Karen's Caper Friday afternoon in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at the Royal Ascot meeting at York. Mona Lisa finished 3 1/2 lengths back in third while favorite Cape Colombine was fourth.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Playful Act showed her Oaks credentials when she led nearly all the way in winning the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame