The group I-winning duo of Maids Causeway and Donna Blini are among the top horses scheduled to be offered during the Tattersalls December mixed sale Nov. 21- Dec. 1 in England. The catalogue is the auction's largest ever with 2,944 lots, including 1,281 weanlings and 1,383 broodmares and fillies in training.
Martin Schwartz' Maids Causeway earned a short head victory over Stonerside Stable's homebred Karen's Caper Friday afternoon in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at the Royal Ascot meeting at York. Mona Lisa finished 3 1/2 lengths back in third while favorite Cape Colombine was fourth.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Playful Act showed her Oaks credentials when she led nearly all the way in winning the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn