The group I-winning duo of Maids Causeway and Donna Blini are among the top horses scheduled to be offered during the Tattersalls December mixed sale Nov. 21- Dec. 1 in England. The catalogue is the auction's largest ever with 2,944 lots, including 1,281 weanlings and 1,383 broodmares and fillies in training.
Martin Schwartz' Maids Causeway earned a short head victory over Stonerside Stable's homebred Karen's Caper Friday afternoon in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at the Royal Ascot meeting at York. Mona Lisa finished 3 1/2 lengths back in third while favorite Cape Colombine was fourth.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Playful Act showed her Oaks credentials when she led nearly all the way in winning the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand