The group I-winning duo of Maids Causeway and Donna Blini are among the top horses scheduled to be offered during the Tattersalls December mixed sale Nov. 21- Dec. 1 in England. The catalogue is the auction's largest ever with 2,944 lots, including 1,281 weanlings and 1,383 broodmares and fillies in training.
Martin Schwartz' Maids Causeway earned a short head victory over Stonerside Stable's homebred Karen's Caper Friday afternoon in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at the Royal Ascot meeting at York. Mona Lisa finished 3 1/2 lengths back in third while favorite Cape Colombine was fourth.
Kieren Fallon and Aidan O'Brien became the first jockey-trainer partnership for 38 years to complete the Guineas double Sunday at Newmarket when Virginia Waters won the fillies' Classic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I).
Playful Act showed her Oaks credentials when she led nearly all the way in winning the Meon Valley Stud Fillies Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park