Tattersalls' Autumn horses in training sale concluded Nov. 1 in Newmarket, England, posting a 23,293,200 guineas (about $50,675,000) turnover, down 3% from 2006.
The Tattersalls Ireland Derby Sale ended on a record note Friday, with a €15,754,500 aggregate, a total of 30 lots selling for €100,000 or more, and six lots making €200,000.
A record-breaking year at Tattersalls finished Nov. 30, with the Newmarket, England-based company showing a 233 million guineas turnover in 2006.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale finished Saturday with a record aggregate of 23,295,600 guineas, up 27% on 2004, and a record median of 18,000 guineas, a 24% increase.
Tattersalls' flagship Houghton Yearling Sale was axed Friday as the Newmarket, England bloodstock auction company announced a resolution of the long-running dispute over sales dates with Irish rival Goffs.
For the first time, there will only be one set of workouts prior to the April 14-15 Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale in Newmarket, England.
The gross up 44%, average up 28% and a median that had risen 17% told the story of a remarkable Tattersalls October Yearling Sale, which finished in Newmarket last night.
Tattersalls' October yearling sale, which will take place this year Oct. 15-19, will be presented under a new format. The Newmarket, England-based auctioneers will alter the format of the sale by offering the stronger lots on the opening two days and continuing to grade the sale until its conclusion.
Sales at Tattersalls were up 13 percent from last year, according to a press release the company issued Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Airoforce Ready for 2016 Debut in Risen Star
- Motion, Team Valor Collaborate with Kasseopia
- Higgins Rides First Winner at Santa Anita
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Two Prominent NYRA Employees Leaving Posts
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Willis to Chair New Mexico Racing Commission
- Texas Will Race at Least Through February