Trainer Jeff Radosevich sent out his 2,000th career winner Dec. 12, when She's Slammed captured the second race at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course.
Ajhari Williams, a 19-year-old apprentice, recorded his first career win when he guided Bold Wolf to an off-the-pace victory in the second race at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course Nov. 2.
Strong second quarter revenues for Penn National Gaming Inc. helped the racetrack and casino owner to increased net income compared with the same quarter last year.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Penn National Gaming Inc. reported strong financial numbers for the first three months of 2015 that it attributed to improving regional gaming trends and contributions from new racino properties in Ohio.
Construction of a new racetrack gaming facility in the Mahoning Valley is well under way, but the track's owner and the Ohio State Racing Commission continued a battle over a commitment on the number of stalls Jan. 23.
Executives at racetrack owner Penn National Gaming said the Ohio State Racing Commission is out of touch for requesting added seating for planned relocated racetracks in the Buckeye State.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Ontario-Sired Bonuses to Continue for 2017-18
- Mineshaft Colt Tops OBS Day 3 Watch List
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- What's Going On Here: The Gamble