Strong second quarter revenues for Penn National Gaming Inc. helped the racetrack and casino owner to increased net income compared with the same quarter last year.
Penn National Gaming Inc. reported strong financial numbers for the first three months of 2015 that it attributed to improving regional gaming trends and contributions from new racino properties in Ohio.
Construction of a new racetrack gaming facility in the Mahoning Valley is well under way, but the track's owner and the Ohio State Racing Commission continued a battle over a commitment on the number of stalls Jan. 23.
Executives at racetrack owner Penn National Gaming said the Ohio State Racing Commission is out of touch for requesting added seating for planned relocated racetracks in the Buckeye State.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat: American Pharoah to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Inside the August 8, 2015 Issue