College students with an interest in racing surfaces could find a steppingstone into the industry through new internships being offered.
In his previous start on dirt, Front Pocket Money won the six-furlong Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 23 at Monmouth Park and he will return to that surface in the Nov. 21 Steel Valley Sprint Stakes.
Anticipation and excitement are building as horsemen and the racing team make the final preparations for the 2016 Fall/Winter meet at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course, which begins with an eight-race program on Friday, October 28.
Trainer Jeff Radosevich sent out his 2,000th career winner Dec. 12, when She's Slammed captured the second race at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course.
Ajhari Williams, a 19-year-old apprentice, recorded his first career win when he guided Bold Wolf to an off-the-pace victory in the second race at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course Nov. 2.
Strong second quarter revenues for Penn National Gaming Inc. helped the racetrack and casino owner to increased net income compared with the same quarter last year.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Penn National Gaming Inc. reported strong financial numbers for the first three months of 2015 that it attributed to improving regional gaming trends and contributions from new racino properties in Ohio.
Construction of a new racetrack gaming facility in the Mahoning Valley is well under way, but the track's owner and the Ohio State Racing Commission continued a battle over a commitment on the number of stalls Jan. 23.
Executives at racetrack owner Penn National Gaming said the Ohio State Racing Commission is out of touch for requesting added seating for planned relocated racetracks in the Buckeye State.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance