Almahmoud, a fairly successful producer in her own lifetime, has become one of the great influences on the modern Thoroughbred.
A son of the brilliant Italian champion Nearco, Nasrullah was one of a cluster of important sires from his immediate family.
The quest for the classic racehorse has been ongoing since the first classic races were inaugurated in England in the late 1700s.
INSIDE PEDIGREES, by Les Brinsfield
Eskendereya is the favorite, and also the pick of a pedigree pundit.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo