Maryland sire has set the stage for the A.P. Indy sire line
Almahmoud, a fairly successful producer in her own lifetime, has become one of the great influences on the modern Thoroughbred.
A son of the brilliant Italian champion Nearco, Nasrullah was one of a cluster of important sires from his immediate family.
The quest for the classic racehorse has been ongoing since the first classic races were inaugurated in England in the late 1700s.
INSIDE PEDIGREES, by Les Brinsfield
Eskendereya is the favorite, and also the pick of a pedigree pundit.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge