The Keeneland January horses of all ages sale continued to sizzle during its second session in Lexington. Gross surpasses total for entire five-day auction last year.
Magnificent Honour, a half or full sister to Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners Rags to Riches and Jazil, commanded $600,000, the highest price so far during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?