The Keeneland January horses of all ages sale continued to sizzle during its second session in Lexington. Gross surpasses total for entire five-day auction last year.
Magnificent Honour, a half or full sister to Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners Rags to Riches and Jazil, commanded $600,000, the highest price so far during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
There weren't any million-dollar broodmares or yearlings Monday during the opening session of the Keeneland January sale in Lexington. But the auction didn't need any seven-figure fireworks. Business was strong enough to boost the gross revenue, average price, and median price by more than 40% apiece from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Fanticola Up to Defend Royal Heroine Title
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes