Magna 5, the popular $2 pick five wager on races at coast-to-coast tracks for a $500,000 guaranteed pool, returns for a third year Saturday. Along with generous payoffs, the fast-paced presentation of five races in about an hour has proven to be an attractive feature of the wager.
The Magna 5, a $2 pick five wager linking races from four racetracks in an hour, kicked off its second year by paying $406,985.80 to one winner Saturday. The winning ticket was purchased at Hollywood Park.
Canceled twice previously, Laurel Park's reopening Wednesday drew a crowd of 5,036 back to the central Maryland track after a 10-month hiatus.
The Magna 5, a $2 pick five wager linking races from four Magna Entertainment racetracks in an hour, paid $205,703 to two winners Saturday. The winning tickets were purchased from the Philadelphia Park hub and Richmond, VA offf-track facility.
The Magna 5, a pick five bet that links races from tracks owned by Magna Entertainment Corp., continued to pick up steam Feb. 21 with its highest handle in a four-week period.
There was $460,400 wagered in the first week of Magna Entertainment's "Magna 5" wager. There were 28 tickets with all five winners, each worth $13,928.40.
The Magna 5, a five-race wagering series with a guaranteed $500,000 minimum pool, begins Saturday at approximately 4:25 p.m. (EST). In the span of a little more than an hour, five races, tied together with one bet, will be presented at Magna Entertainment Corp. tracks.
Magna Entertainment Corporation announced it is offering a new national Pick 5 wager – the Magna 5 – with a guaranteed minimum pool of $500,000 at its tracks beginning Jan. 31 and continuing each Saturday through May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move