Two colts by Arrowfield Stud stallion Snitzel brought more than Aus$1 million at the Jan. 7 second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, which produced increases in gross, average, and median.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The experiment to make session five of the expanding Magic Millions Yearling Sale didn't produce the fireworks expected -- but records still continued to fall.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf