Two colts by Arrowfield Stud stallion Snitzel brought more than Aus$1 million at the Jan. 7 second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, which produced increases in gross, average, and median.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The experiment to make session five of the expanding Magic Millions Yearling Sale didn't produce the fireworks expected -- but records still continued to fall.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts