Two colts by Arrowfield Stud stallion Snitzel brought more than Aus$1 million at the Jan. 7 second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, which produced increases in gross, average, and median.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The experiment to make session five of the expanding Magic Millions Yearling Sale didn't produce the fireworks expected -- but records still continued to fall.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George