Two colts by Arrowfield Stud stallion Snitzel brought more than Aus$1 million at the Jan. 7 second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, which produced increases in gross, average, and median.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The experiment to make session five of the expanding Magic Millions Yearling Sale didn't produce the fireworks expected -- but records still continued to fall.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage