Two colts by Arrowfield Stud stallion Snitzel brought more than Aus$1 million at the Jan. 7 second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale, which produced increases in gross, average, and median.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The experiment to make session five of the expanding Magic Millions Yearling Sale didn't produce the fireworks expected -- but records still continued to fall.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate